Thursday, July 26, 2007

Archaeology and the Bible

While I was visiting one of my favorite online forums yesterday, I came across this very interesting link within a post:

http://biblicalstudies.info/top10/schoville.htm

This is a link to a fascinating article entitled, "Top Ten Archaeological Discoveries of the Twentieth Century Relating to the Biblical World". If the article wasn't so long, I would've just posted the whole thing here, but it would take up too much space, so you'll have to just settle for the above link.

I've always been intersted in this kind of stuff. Archaeology is a pretty cool science and a great amount of evidence in favor of scripture has been proven by it.

While reading this article, I was reminded of my trip to Mobile, AL a couple of years ago to see the Dead Sea Scrolls (first on this list, by the way) as they were being exhibited in museums across the country. It was cool to see, up close, the oldest copies of the Bible that exist to date.

You know, I think it's funny how many scientists try their best to prove that God doesn't exist and that the writings of the Bible are legend, only to later be proven wrong by science itself! The items listed in this article do just that.

One way or another, the Truth will always come out.

God Bless!

--Eric G.
|