Thursday, May 03, 2007

Jesus on the Beach

You may have seen these pictures before, but I thought they were worth sharing anyway. The sand sculptures in these pictures are the work of a man named Chuck Ritchey, Sr. from Ocean City, Maryland. Incredible, aren’t they?


Besides the obvious talent that is shown in his work, what impresses me the most about Mr. Ritchey is the fact that he creates these sculptures every day. As the tide rolls in at night, it washes away all the work that he did that day, so he HAS to begin anew EVERY SINGLE DAY!


Why is he so persistent in his task?

I believe it’s because every day when he creates these treasures, a crowd gathers to watch him work. Imagine how many people get to experience this man’s message about his Savior each and every day! It’s got to be hundreds, maybe even thousands! What an amazing way to share the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Chuck Ritchey, Sr. is using his talent to share the gospel of Jesus Christ every day with people of all ages and from all walks of life as they pass by and watch him work.

Looking at these pictures got me thinking: How can I use the gifts that God has given me to share him with others every day? We are all faced with opportunities each day to bring Jesus into the lives of people who don’t know him. I don’t know about you, but I’m going to be looking for those opportunities today!

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”—John 14:6

May God Bless You Today!

--Eric G.
|