Friday, March 19, 2004

Entering the Mission Field

I realize that there are probably many of you who read these posts of mine (or, as I like to refer to them, my "ramblings"!) who have already received this information in an email I sent out earlier today, but I'll post it anyway.

I just finished reading a couple of great posts on Jon Owen's blog, where he mentioned his upcoming mission trip to the Czech Republic. I am really excited for Jon and his mission team from GAC, and I pray that their trip is a tremendous success for the Kingdom of God.

I, too, am about to embark on a mission trip to the Baja village of Maneadero in Mexico. God has blessed me, along with a group of about 40 from Vaughn Park, with an opportunity to encourage the Church in Maneadero and share Jesus with non-believers that live in the village. We will be doing all sorts of construction work and meeting the physical needs of the people there. I praise God that he is allowing me to be a part of this effort.

I am responsible for raising the funds to cover expenses for the trip, but that's not the reason for this post (However, if you are willing to help me in that area, email me, and I'll tell you about it). My purpose here is to ask you to pray for me and the team from Vaughn Park, as well as Jon and the team from GAC as we all try to do our part to share the message of Christ with the people in Mexico and the Czech Republic.

In the coming weeks, I'll keep you posted as we prepare for our trip.

SOLI DEO GLORIA! (To God alone be the Glory!)

--Eric G.
|