Friday, March 16, 2007

God's Light Show

This past week, while on a business-related trip, I had the opportunity to camp out.

Although it’s not my first choice in lodging when I’m on a trip, I really do enjoy camping. It’s fun to set up the tent, roll out the sleeping bag, and spend time out in nature. I might not do it all the time, but it is enjoyable to do every once in a while.

We were camping at a place that is out in the middle of nowhere. I mean, it’s waaaaaaay out there. There are no major cities around that area, and the only town anywhere close to the campground shuts down at about 8:00. We had some woods around us, but we were right on the bank of the Tombigbee River, so there was plenty of open space to see the stars in the sky.

I had the good fortune of camping out there on a very clear night. The stars were absolutely spectacular! I felt like God was putting on a show just for me!

To mark the occasion, I wrote this poem:

God’s Light Show

Sit back and enjoy the show,
the brilliance of the stars as they burn endlessly.
They cry out in praise to God, simply by existing.

They scream His glory loud and clear,
as millions of tiny worshipers
light up the heavens in honor of the one
who hung them in place

The majesty of His presence surrounds us,
taking form in simple things that often go unnoticed

But not tonight

His presence will NOT be denied.
His existence will NOT be doubted.
His glory will NOT be suppressed.

He lives, and he shares himself with us.


Take the time to look around your world and notice him in your surroundings today!

God Bless!
--Eric G.
|