Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

Valentine’s Day. The day of love. Okay…so it’s a pagan holiday, but a holiday nonetheless. Of course, if this were a real holiday, I would be typing this post from home rather than work, but anyway…

I have never really been a huge fan of Valentine’s Day, but I do appreciate the idea. I mean, it is pretty important to set aside a time for you to express your feelings for the one you love the most. My question is: Why wait until February 14th to express how you feel?

Living in a house full of females, I have discovered the joy of expressing my love all year round. I am so proud to have not just one, but three valentines in my life!

So…I’m not a huge fan of the holiday. I’m not fond of rushing out, amidst the traffic and crowds, to find that perfect gift for my wife or my daughters. However, I am a huge fan of giving thanks for the family that God has given me, and that is what makes this day worthwhile.

Happy Valentine’s Day to you, and may God bless you and the one you love the most!

--Eric G.
|