Monday, April 10, 2006

Almost as if it were Yesterday...

11 years ago this past Saturday, I married the love of my life, my soulmate, Meloney.

11 years. In this current day and age, that's a lifetime! To me, it seems like it was just yesterday that we exchanged vows, exchanged rings, and swore ourselves to each other for the rest of our lives. My, how time flies when you're having fun!

In our 11 years together, we've had plenty of good things happen. We've had 2 beautiful daughters. I graduated from college...Twice! We've seen the successful launch of my solo music ministry, including 2 solo CDs released. We've had so many happy moments within the walls of our home that there is no way I could ever count them all and share them with you. God has truly blessed us over the past 11 years!

We've also seen some bad things happen within the last 11 years. The loss of Meloney's Grandfather and Great-Grandmother. The tragedy of 911. The break-up of "Q". Various health problems and hospital visits. A lot of things we'd rather forget.

But, all in all, it's been a great 11 years of marriage. God has blessed us with more ups than downs, more highs than lows, and more mountaintops than valleys. Pardon me while I take a moment to thank him:

Father God,

I thank you and I praise you for the gift you have given me in Meloney. I could never, ever deserve to have someone like her in my life, yet you saw fit to give her to me. Other than your son, Jesus, she is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and for that I thank you.

Lord, I thank you for the last 11 years. I pray that you will give us many, many more together. Father, I pray that you will continue to mold me into the husband and father that you want me to be. I love you, Lord!

Thanks for Listening,

AMEN.

Love,
--Eric G.
|