Friday, March 02, 2007

Beginning Again

Well, today it began again (Cue the trumpets and fanfare, please!):

The recording of a new album!

(Thank You, Thank You! Please hold your applause until you've finished reading the entire post!)

I spent most of today working on a song that was actually written and begun during the sessions for my last album, but I never got around to finishing it. I think it's a decent little praise song, though. It's called "You Are Worthy". Here are the lyrics:

All that I've ever longed to be
can only be found in you.
No where on earth could I find someone
so loving and faithful and true.

You are all that I live for.
You are all the I believe.
You are the water that quenches my thirsty soul.
You're the air that I breathe.

Oh, you are worthy Lord!
You are worthy Lord!
You are worthy Lord!
You are worthy now of praise!

More of you and less of me
is what I want to show.
The life-changing power of your love, oh Lord,
is what I want them to know.

You are holy. You are loving.
You are more than I deserve.
You are more than I could ask for.
It's you I long to serve.

Oh, you are worthy Lord!
You are worthy Lord!
You are worthy Lord!
You are worthy now of praise!


Like I said, it's just a simple little song of praise. It was written almost like a hymn, to be sung by a congregation or worship assembly, but today it was just me who was praising and worshiping all by myself.

Beginning a new CD can be a little frightening, and I must admit I was a little nervous about getting back in the studio after a while of not doing any recording. Spending a little time today just worshiping God really put my mind at ease and helped me focus on what's important in my life:

My relationship with him.


Hopefully reading the lyrics of this song will do the same for you.

Be sure to praise him today for all he's done!

God Bless!

--Eric G.
|